Happy Holidays, yadda, yadda, yadda, let's get down to business. I want to talk about the hearts of men. Specifically the hearts of the Phoenix Suns players. The Phoenix Suns are 4-8 in December, including two straight lethargic, ugly, disappointing, heartless losses at home. I don't like the term "must win," I think it's one of those sports cliches that should only be used when absolutely necessary, as in, "This is a must win or we don't play for the next several months (as in elimination form playoffs, etc.). So I am just going to say that if the Suns don't win this one in somewhat convincing fashion, there will be trouble all around the valley of the sun, and elsewhere where the Suns fandom reside in spots world wide.
You may recall the first meeting between the Suns and Clips, with the Suns coming back for a 109-107 victory. For a refresher, you can find it here. Tonight, the Suns will receive a nice Christmas present in the form of one Leandro Barbosa!
The Clippers are at the tail end of a five game road trip which has seen them go 2-3, winning against the the TImberwolves and 76ers, while losing to San Antonio, Houston, and New York. Chris Kaman has been a monster of late, averaging 24 ppg and 10 boards on the 5 game trip.
Since this is the season of giving, I'd like to ask some Phoenix Suns to play Santa Claus for me today. In return for my 35 years of fanship, I'm asking for a li ttle something from our current Suns. Here is my list:
- Amare Stoudemire: Amare, for Christmas, I'd like you to apply some pine tar to your hands before the game, or perhaps adopt the Garnett/LBJ ritual of splashing the white powdery stuff all over the place before the game. In other words CATCH THE BALL WHEN ITS PASSED TO YOU AND HANG ON TO IT UNTIL YOU DECIDE TO LOB IT UP TO THE BASKET.
- Channing Frye: Channing, for Christmas I'd like for you to NOT THINK, JUST SHOOT. OH AND DEFEND.
- Robin Lopez: Robin, for Christmas I'd like for you to act A LITTLE BIT MORE LIKE YOUR TWIN BROTHER AND TRY A LITTLE FINESSE INSTEAD OF BRUTE FORCE. OH AND THE GLASS DOOR FORGIVES YOU. THIS TIME.
- Jason Richardson: Jason, for Christmas I'd like for you to SINK MORE THREE POINTERS, SLASH MORE TO THE HOOP, POST UP MORE, DUNK THE BALL MORE, and maybe play a little more D.
- Steve Nash: Steve, for Christmas, I'd like for you to be a little MORE GREEDY, MORE OFTEN. YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOU!
- Goran Dragic: Goran, for Christmas, I'd like you to NOT MELT AWAY LIKE THE REAL Frosty.
- Alvin Gentry: Alvin, for Christmas, I'd like you to instill in the hearts and minds of all Phoenix Suns players the basketball equivalent to RIP OUT THEIR THROATS AND COMMIT OTHER PHYSICAL ATROCITIES TO ALL SUNS OPPONENTS. I realize it's a tough wish, but I'd really like my Suns to play every game as if their lives depended on a victory.
- Leandro Barbosa: Leandro, all I want for Christmas is for you to stay HEALTHY for the rest of the season. Oh and welcome back.
I know it's a long list, but I've been moderately good this year, I hope Santa's been watching.