Consider this a Monday morning brain / link dump...
- I am trying to put my thoughts together about Terry Porter's dismissal. I keep coming back to what I said originally:
Porter has been unable to display the confidence needed to earn the trust of his players and, in retrospect, may have never had the experience and reputation to be successful in this environment.
It would not be fair, however, to put all the team's woes on the head coach's shoulders. Porter has his work cut out for him trying to balance the desires and demands of his two MVPs, along with a large assortment of star players both young and old.
Terry Porter might not be the right guy for this job, but if that's the case, the person responsible for hiring him cannot be ignored.
- Amare rumors continue to fly ... let's check in with a quick poll on how you are feeling this morning
- Don't miss Ball Don't Lie / The Basketball Jones on-the-ground coverage of the All-Star festivities. They did a FANTASTIC job of capturing what it was like to be in Phoenix from the fan level.
- I did get to meet this crew and while Tas and Skeets are ok and all, JD is the real genius and the man behind the camera/recorder/editing software. Don't let anyone tell you Canadians are dumb and should be walled off from coming to America
[Note by Phoenix Stan, 02/16/09 9:49 AM MST ]
- Best dunks of the weekend were not in the "Big House," but on the little court at the Convention Center. Here's some links to those jams
- Fanster has a great introduction to the Suns newest coach, Alvin Gentry
[Note by Phoenix Stan, 02/16/09 10:08 AM MST ]
BREAKING NEWS - Jason Richardson - busted again. This time it's even worse:
While Richardson was clocked at more than 50 mph over the posted speed limit at one point, Clark said impairment was not suspected. Richardson's 3-year-old son was in the back seat of the car. Police said the little boy was not in a child seat... The Suns player was arrested and booked into Scottsdale City Jail. He was released after a few hours.
While Richardson was clocked at more than 50 mph over the posted speed limit at one point, Clark said impairment was not suspected.
Richardson's 3-year-old son was in the back seat of the car. Police said the little boy was not in a child seat...
The Suns player was arrested and booked into Scottsdale City Jail. He was released after a few hours.
[Note by Phoenix Stan, 02/16/09 10:22 AM MST ]
- Firing your head coach 4 months in and having a player you traded for get busted (again) in only his 3rd month in town has to make for a bad day for Mr. Kerr. It also counts for three Moron Points on the old Steve Kerr Moron Meter.
- To be fair, having Shaq win the All-Star MVP does have to also count for a Genius Point. Net = 2 Moron Points
[Note by Phoenix Stan, 02/16/09 10:39 AM MST ]
- Canis Hoopus has some interesting trade discussion and yet another Amare idea ... not as good as this one from Blazer's Edge and not one that is likely to happen, either
- Brett from Fan House had a much better angle on Devin Harris' "record" 3.9 second baseline-to-baseline dribble. His run starts at about the 2:10 mark of this video. Be sure to check out the rest of Brett's great ASG coverage while you are there.
[Note by Phoenix Stan, 02/16/09 1:35 PM MST ]
- A few people talked to me about the "issue" of not using my real name on this site. There are those that feel it creates credibility issues and make "Stan" difficult to take seriously. I have no problem "unmasking" Stan but am curious what (if anything) you all think
[Note by Phoenix Stan, 02/16/09 2:50 PM MST ]
- Steve Nash and Jason Richardson are now on Twitter along with The Big Tweet himself. And of course I am as well. Why aren't you?
[Note by Phoenix Stan, 02/16/09 5:39 PM MST ]
- I am thinking now that with Porter gone Gentry will push for Amare to stay. If the best deal they could get was from Chicago it seems more likely that Amare will stay...for now.
- But remember this - there is NO WAY the Suns start next season with Amare, Shaq, Nash, Richardson and Barbosa under contract. The will need to cut several million to get under the cap. Somebody has to get voted off the island. Maybe Richardson in light of today's events will be that man.
Should the Suns trade Amare before Feb 19 or not
Yes - get max value now (109 votes)
No - he's the future (155 votes)
264 total votes