Today was certainly the Bright Side of the Sun. Steve Nash called his mood "joyous," Amare was singing and pounding a basketball playfully. J-Rich was all smiles. He even talked about playing defense, and Steve Kerr was, Steve Kerr.
2009 Suns media Day was enough to send me home with a smile on my face. The talk from everyone was positive. Of course it would be, they haven't played a game. But when Steve Nash says he's very comfortable with the Centers on the team, you believe him. Then later you think about it-Frye really? Lopez, really? Then you think, "well maybe we will be ok."
Stan and I picked up some awesome interviews. They will be up tomorrow. In the meantime, here are some tidbits of interviews I remember off the top of my head:
- Lou Amundson wants to be called Louis.
- Steve Nash is pretty thick in person, not frail and skinny as he looks going up against Chris Paul and Barron Davis
- Dan Dickau is indeed a Sun. And unlike Steve Nash, he is very short and with the exception of his arms, very skinny.
- Alvin Gentry stated Amare Stoudemire will be playing the 5 even though Mr. Tzu may not know it at the time (SHHHH Don't tell him).
- Steve Kerr believes Channing Frye will be shooting "a lot of threes."
- Louis Amundson is not relieved his bike is safe now that Shaq is gone. In fact he had nothing negative to say about Shaquille.
- Amare Stoudemire likes to be the center of attention, or: Amare is just naturally wired, very vocal and full of joy because he was jumping around, bouncing a ball all over the place, smiling ear to ear talkin' this and that all over the joint.
- Jared Dudley is still working the tweet and all over the NBA street rags doing interviews. The man can talk, and his personality is more than cordial.
- Leandro Barbosa doesn't care if he's starting or not so we shouldn't care either.
- Earl Clark wants a piece of Kobe and Carmello Anthony
Stay tuned, more to follow!