I have posted two thread ideas on as many days, but don't let that fool you. I still have faith in this Suns team. I still have faith that order in the world will be balanced yet again. I still have faith that the Suns are a top ttierplayoff team, and a higher teir regular season performer. Now 5 reasons why YOU should have faith too.
1. Steve Nash is still the best point guard in the league. I'll admit, rondo is hot on his trails, yet Rondo lacks the overall creativity and spectacularness that Nash possesses. Not only that, but the Suns have repeatedly proven that they can make it to the playoffs regardless of the things circulating about them. The Suns still run the best offense in the league, Nash can still find his big men, all we need to do is wait for the chemistry to click.
2. The Suns have a valuable contract in Jason Richardson. An expiring contract with a very talented player inked onto it. I'm positive the Suns can find a deal, if they absolutely need to, that can net them so major talent. In spite of that, I'm confident Richardson can pull his act together and perform at a high level consistently, and work for that extension. Richardson's play of late hasn't been very good, but his overall play actually make him a hot topic around the league. Like I suggested, there are several teams that can find a brilliant way to use Richardson.
3. Alvin Gentry is still Alvin Gentry. Gentry showed the basketball universe that he has the balls to make adjustments; in addition to that, he proved to be a brilliant game strategist. Something D'antoni was not, and Gentry also had faith in his bench (Minus Clark), something Porter and D'antoni did not. Gentry knows how to run this team, and once the chemistry forms, his coaching will take this team to unparalleled heights (yet again.)
4. The Suns continue to be underestimated. Phx gets no spotlight, and the underdog role suits their personality beautifully. Teams won't see the Suns coming as the team begins to click. It'll be a blindsiding, something that the Thunder pulled off effectively last season.
5. This is Phoenix. This city has by far one of the richest, most compelling basketball history's in NBA history. The team has pulled numerous comebacks and rallies and upsets to position themselves for the playoffs. Nothing, and I mean nothing can hold the Phoenix Suns back from regular season success because the team is to great, its fans too proud to take this kind of crappy play of late.
The key is patience my friend's sooner or later, a Professional Basketball championship will be headed the way of Arizona, all they have to do is wait and see.