Here’s What I Know About the Celtics…
1. They were founded in 1946. They can officially be called a Crotchety Old Man team (based on years since). They will not rival my grandfather in that category, however. The Lakers were founded that same year. I love watching grandpas duel. As a side note, I do not believe the Suns, rising in 1968, have hit that mid-life crisis age...yet.
2. Their mascot, in a certain light, looks like Gilbert Gottfried dressed as a leprechaun.
3. Danny Ainge (GM) is actually pretty cool, right?
4. 17 championships, 21 Conference Titles, 28 Division Titles…and counting.
5. Their jerseys, home or away, are Junior Mints colored. Yum?
6. They’ve got what can literally be defined as a genuine rivalry with the Lakers spanning 40 + years.
7. Bill Simmons. ‘Nuff said.
8. TD Garden sounds like a more interesting place to be than the Staples Center. One is full of foliage or Tenacious D songs (in my mind) and the other is full of sharp little sticks (and no, I’m not talking about the noses on Kobe or Gasol – oh!) and severely overpriced computers. Come to think of it, don’t tell me you haven’t questioned whether or not some of those guys are actually Phil Jackson's computers…
9. In terms of team name meanings, Celtics have the edge over Lakers. Google it.
10. I don’t know as much as I thought I did.
Game on Get on with it! The Finals are always interesting, mostly because they aren’t interesting at all. When the Suns have their day perhaps my sentiments will change, but until then – multitasking abound!