For a while there, BSotS had Scott's horrible trade idea thread, which was pretty funny, but not really intended to be a place to place real trade ideas.
But it made me think that maybe that wasn't such a bad idea - having one place to put all of those sorts of posts. I mean, we can't all be Alex and come up with advanced statistics using Calculus and red-shift to show that JRich's perimeter defense is slighty worse when the opponent goes left because his right big toe is a shade larger than the left one. I mean, I don't know about you, but I don't even know what color socks JRich prefers. How do you come up with this stuff, Alex?
But I do love to play me a little fantasy GM. And, I'm not too proud to inflict my thoughts on the rest of you. I mean, isn't that what BSotS is all about?
So jump it, and show us your ideas.
This thread is a place to post up your trade ideas.
Just a couple rules, so as to keep the natives from running wild:
1) Serious trade ideas only. We already have a thread for your thoughts regarding time machines, and how to pair a vintage Moses Malone with a platoon of genetically enhanced Jabbawockies. Go use that thread if necessary.
2) Explain why you think we need to make a trade at all. I mean, our team is pretty good, IMO. Don't change it just cuz you can. Are you trying to solve the log-jam at the wings? Think we need another "franchise player"? Trying to match-up with the Lakers and/or Heat? Trying to get something back for an expiring contract because you don't think we can resign the player? Why, man, why?
3) If possible, use ESPN's trade machine. Just save the trade, and post the link as part of your post. That way, we can all see the financials without you spending a page and a half writing about them.
Why this trade?
2) Memphis has a logjam at center they need to solve. We have a logjam at SF we need to solve.
3) Every team needs a knuckle-draggin' gorilla to come off the bench and lean on the Pau Gasol's and Greg Oden's of the world. We don't have that guy yet.
Ok, got it? Now, show us what you got!