Results are in
Some semi-interesting notes:
- Seems pretty obvious, but Dwight Howard was the only consensus #1 at his position. Dirk almost got there, but had one 2nd place vote.
- The race for the #1 shooting guard and small forward were the closest with both Durant and DWade receiving 2 extra 1st place votes. Remember those LeBron vs. Kobe commercials debating who the best player in the league was? Guess those times are over.
- Even with the obvious bias that comes with ranking players on a team blog, we only ended up with the 4th best PG and that's it.
- Sorry SNQP and flagsuns, including Hakim Warrick on any top 5 ranking that isn't "NBA player most likely to be blown over by a gust of wind" gets your ranking omitted.
- Former Suns who made the list include Amare Stoudemire (#2 PF) and Joe Johnson (#4 SG).
- Future 2012 free agents who made the list were ,, Dwight Howard (#1 C)
- All five of the top point guards will be free agents in 2012. Steve Nash (#4 PG) will be an unrestricted FA, Chris Paul (#1 PG) and Deron Williams (#3 PG) both have player options, and both Derrick Rose (#2 PG) and Russell Westbrook (#5 PG) will have qualifying offers.
- The only other 2012 FA on the list is Dwight Howard (#1 C). Marc Gasol (#5 C) is a FA right now.
- 12 of the 30 teams in the league don't have a top 5 player at their positions (Charlotte, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Golden State, Houston, Minnesota, Portland, Sacramento, Toronto, Utah, and Washington).
- 7 of the 30 teams have 2 players that made the list (Atlanta, Chicago, LA Lakers, Memphis, Miami, New York, and Oklahoma City)