Well, that sucked. This game gave me deja vu while the Nuggets gave the Suns a good old fashion butt-kicking. They came out strong, set the tone and played great defense. They defended the PnR very well, trapping Nash and Brooks out on the perimeter which forced many turnovers. They played with hunger and focus that led to good anticipation on their rotations which led to a lot of steals. Got to give them their props. Yet as good as their defense was the Suns just made a lot of sloppy plays. For a team like the Nuggets who are young, versatile and athletic; you don't want to turn the ball over against them. It didn't help either that the Suns couldn't buy a shot the entire night.
Key words for the game: Flat, Sloppy. That's how the Suns looked and played.
Player of the Game
Marcin Gortat- 14, 18, 4, 3 steals and 2 blocks. He's becoming one of my favorites. I love this guy! He plays with so much passion, hunger and aggressiveness. That's what you call "heart". No offense Lopez, but I don't care how much potential you have because Heart>Potential. If there was one bright spot this entire game it was the "Polish Hammer". It's like he was the only guy out there.
Unfortunately you can't win games 1 vs 5( unless your Jordan, Kobe...) I don't know what to take from this game. The Nuggets obviously wanted it more. We all knew it would be difficult without Channing Frye and Steve Nash playing through injury. These games will happen from time to time, but this team needs to wake up and just grind it out no matter how tired or worn down they are. For a while it even looked like Gentry had given up. I don't know what to say about this. I thought they wanted to make the playoffs?
Well, good game. The Nuggets are clearly the better team.
Comments of the Night
VC is good in NBA 2k11 because as the user you can control his shot selection unfortionatly in real life, there is no cure.- Berecki
This game is seriously worse than the day I got fired, went to jail, and found out my girlfriend cheated on me with 3rd string quarterback from Texas Tech.- TheRza82
- Nice defense by Robin on Nene makes up for him blowing a point blank post opportunity
- K-Mart is going to destroy Hak in the post
- Nash misses point-blank layup...groin issue raising it's head (yes, I went there)
- Nene and Martin are going to be a real handful
- And no, I am no longer talking about groins
- 22-12, 5:04. Kind of ugly out there. Nugs 10-13 shooting
- Gortat in, Robin relegated to Iowa
- Average height of the Suns dancer is about 5'3.
- 25-30...nice little come back
- AB time...bring it, little one
- K-Mart vs. Warrick is as Gortat vs. Harrington
- Josh time...come on, Chill. People are rooting for ya. Do something good.
- Suns keep trying to pretend Gortat has a post game, but he doesn't. He doesn't however, rebound the hell out of the ball
- Bench not scoring, but they are at least defending
- Brooks bails out an ugly possession where Suns couldn't get Dudley the ball against Lawson in the post
- Lawson and Felton on the floor vs. MP and AB. Every off poss needs to go to MP in the post
- Nice hustle play by MP on that rebound. Gentry said he felt bad after getting kicked out of the Houston game
- Nash back in, 43-36, Denver. Bench was -2 w/ Brooks and Nash got no additional rest.
- Nuggets look so much more athletic than the Suns
- Yes, if you leave JR Smith wide open for a three he will shoot it...and usually make it
- Vince just gave himself a hand after hitting that shot
- Not sure why, but Suns in a zone. Could be b/c they gave up 24 points in the paint in the 1st qtr
- Dueling defensive three second violations...NBA, where exciting happens
- Got to give it to Denver for being very active on defense. They double the post and rotate quickly. But Suns aren't exactly crisp either
- There you go...defensive intensity has picked up which leads to a turnover and Warrick and 1. 49-53
- Hill tackled Nene to prevent a layup but they didn't call the foul...lol
- And the Suns waste their effort with several really dumb turnovers. 14 so far on the game for 24 Nuggets points.
- Gortat starting the half
- So Nugs now up 65-50. Remember when I said the Nuggets w/o Melo and Billups were done? Me either
- Grant Hill trying to go into 1999 mode here....b/c Vince certainly isn't
- Nash hits a wide open three after a dumb Nuggets turnover. That's his first three attempted
- Good effort there by Warrick to fly in for the OReb attempt and draw a foul on K-Mart
- Carter to the bench, not his night. As if there were a chance of him having three good games in a row
- Brooks in early here. Time to shine AB
- 81-61, 2:00
- Game Over