2012 NBA GM Survey

Every year surveys the 30 NBA general managers on topics regarding team and player predictions, offseason moves, rookie and international players, defense, coaching and a few miscellaneous subjects. The results for the 2012 survey are out and can be found here.

If you are too lazy to read the whole thing, make the jump to see some of the highlights relating to the Suns.

In what comes as a surprise to no one, the Los Angeles Lakers were picked to win the Pacific Division (77.8% compared the the Los Angeles Clippers' 22.2%). Also no surprise is that the Suns did not get a single vote.

The Oklahoma City Thunder were picked to win the Western Conference, while the Miami Heat are the team the majority of GMs see going all the way.

OKC's Kevin Durant is your MVP, edging out MIA's LeBron James 55.6% to 44.4%.

Derrick Rose was named the top PG by 59.3% of GMs. Chris Paul finished second, and Russel Westbrook rounded out the names of those that received votes as a distant third. While I'm not surprised to See Steve Nash not get a single vote, it does make me feel a bit sad.

In the only unanimous vote of the entire survey, Chris Paul was picked to make the biggest impact among offseason acquisitions.

Grant Hill returning to Phoenix was the most surprising move of the offseason for at least one GM as he was listed in the "also receiving votes" category (ARV).

Markieff Morris finished a distant fifth in Rookie of the Year voting to Cleveland's Kyrie Irving, who received 63% of the vote. Minnesota's Ricky Rubio, Charlotte's Kemba Walker, and another Timberwolf in Derrick Williams were the other three to get votes.

Dirk Nowitzki was the overwhelming winner of the best international player voting with 96.4% of the vote. Steve Nash received the other 3.6 percent.

Grant Hill received no mention in the best perimeter defender category. It's a shame he hasn't gotten more recognition for what he's done defensively over the last couple of years.

Elston Turner received votes in the top assistant coach category.

PHX's Grant Hill and Steve Nash along with LAC's Chris Paul tied for fourth among current players who would make the best head coach, behind LAL's Derek Fisher, MIA's Shane Battier and LAC's Chauncey Billups.

Ray Allen was tops in the best pure shooter category with 85.7% of the vote. Steve Nash was among the ARV.

Chris Paul took the best passer category with 40.7% of the vote. Steve Nash finished second with 37%.

Steve was among the ARV for the most dangerous in the open floor category.

Nash was third in the "does most with the least" category, and also finished tied third in the best leader category.

Finally, Nash was picked as the player with the highest basketball IQ as he finished with 28.6% of the vote.

Log In Sign Up

Log In Sign Up

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join Bright Side Of The Sun

You must be a member of Bright Side Of The Sun to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Bright Side Of The Sun. You should read them.

Join Bright Side Of The Sun

You must be a member of Bright Side Of The Sun to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Bright Side Of The Sun. You should read them.




Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.