So.... The Front Office
- Doesn't want to trade steve nash because they want to become elite
- Don't wanna spend cap space in 2011 because they wanna become elite
- Don't wanna make any big trades in 2011 to become elite in 2012
I think I know where they're going .... Read further to see our plan to becoming elite by next season!Lets go over our needs first: (considering nash, hill, telfair, redd, brown, lopez, childress are all FA)
- Starting PG
- Starting SG/SF
- Starting PF
- Back up PG
- Back up SG
- Back up C
The Suns will have 26 million dollars in cap space to spend in the summer of 2012 and that is where becoming elite really begins.
THE FIRST STEP AND LOGICAL MOVE IS TO AMNESTY CHILDRESS!!! AMNESTYING CHILDRESS WILL PROVIDE AN EXTRA 7 MILLION IN CAP ROOM!
BAM! just like that were at 34 million dollars.
candidates... STEVE NASH, STEVE NASH, STEVE NASH. I predict we will sign him to a 2 year 17 million dollar contract.
THAT LEAVES 26 MILLION LEFT
The starting SG spot is interesting because we could leave dudley considering how well he is playing, but i still feel when hill retires, dudley will take over the starting SF spot.
Potential candidates for the starting SG spot are Eric Gordon, Nic Batum (could play SG or move dudley back to SG), OJ Mayo.
My prediction is that we will sign Nic Batum to a 3 year 30 mil contract,
That leaves us with 16 million dollars to spend
I feel like our starting PF will come via draft whether its Sullinger, Thomas Robinson, Perry Jones so thats 2 million off the books...
14 million dollars left to sign 3 bench players.... Perfect
Back up PG :
My prediction- WE BRING BACK THE DRAGON !!! WE SIGN DRAGIC TO A 2 YEAR 9 MIL CONTRACT AND JUST FORGET ABOUT AARON BROOKS
That leaves 11 mil left to fill 2 more spots
Back up SG :
My prediction is that we sign landry fields to a 3 year 18 mil contract and he fights dudley for the Starting SG role to begin the season
with 5 mil left to spend, we must sign a Back up C
Back up Center:
My prediction is that we sign back robin lopez for 2 years 10 mil ,,, thats 5 million per year.
WE COULD HAVE A TEAM LOOKING LIKE:
Sullinger/ Frye/ Markieff
Gortat/ Lopez/ Frye
This would help us in 2 ways!
1) it would almost ensure a top 5 seed in the west (were almost in the playoffs with frye, telfair, brown, childress . replace them with sullinger, batum, fields, dragic) and while we might not be Championship contenders, we could make it to the western conference finals and with the right match up, go to the finals ORRR
2) we would sign everybody to a reasonable contract and that is HUGE because it would provide with the assets to trade for a superstar! Bam! you cant trade for an all star talent by giving up frye or lopez but when you give up players like markieff morris, jarred sullinger, nic batum, landry fields, robin lopez in any type of package, you could bring back a STAR to play with nash, gortat, dudley!
So this is a plan that works both ways! It would ensure suns fans playoffs, hope for a title, nash could win a ring, cinderalla run. OR it can work for trading for a superstar!