Orlando said they want a "Denver" type of return for Dwight Howard. I've been thinking, we could give them that.
Gortat, Dudley, Morris, Childress and two first round picks (12 and 14) for Dwight Howard.
Gortat, Dudley, Frye, Warrick and two first round picks for Dwight Howard.
1. Gortat is better than anything Denver got back.
2. I wonder if two picks are actually necessary?
3. Dudley and Morris/Frye are good role players. I'd hate to lose any of those guys.
4. We can't get Dwight and give up all these role players without giving up a bad contract. That is why Childress or Warrick must be included.
5. I think both offers are on par if not a bit better than what Denver got for Melo.
6. The reasoning for why we'd make this trade now is if the Magic really are going to trade Dwight at the deadline. This may be our only shot at getting him.
7. Of course, he'd have to first commit to an extension.
8. If we did do one of the two deals for him, we may not win the title this year due to a lack of role players, but there will be plenty of role players to sign the following summer.
9. If this was our only opportunity and if Dwight does commit to us, then I'd do it. He's a top 5 player in the league. We couldn't pass up an opportunity like this.
10. LA may be able to give them a better offer.
11. I'm not sure if the Magic have it in them to make another trade with us. You have to admit that it'd be kind of ironic.
12. What do ya think?
53 votes total