Welcome to the 2012 NBA Draft, brought to you by a fast food chain, ironically prompting you to eat healthy when the majority of their menu will cause diabetes!
ESPN proudly brings coverage of one of the greatest events in sport, the NBA Draft! The first draft was held in 1947, and 65 years later, we're here live at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey, former home of the New Jersey Nets.
My name is Former-NBA-Player-Turned-Commentator-Due-To-Lack-Of-Degree, and I'm here live with Jon Barry and Magic Johnson, and in a matter of moments, the New Orleans Hornets, the number one pick, will kick things off by making their selection. Kentucky star Anthony Davis is certain to go first, so the real question now is who the Bobcats select with their number two pick.
We cross over live to David Stern, who is about to announce the first pick of the 2012 NBA Draft.
- "WITH THE FIRST PICK, THE NEW ORLEANS HORNETS SELECT..........................MICHAEL KIDD-GILCHRIST OUT OF THE UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY" -
Well this is certainly a shock! Anthony Davis, college player of the year, certain star in the pros has been shunned in favour of his teammate Michael Kidd-Gilchrist! The Hornets fans in the crowd are stunned!
- "WITH THE SECOND PICK, THE CHARLOTTE BOBCATS SELECT..........................THOMAS ROBINSON OUT OF KANSAS UNIVERSITY" -
I am shocked gentleman. Anthony Davis, consensus number one pick, hasn't even been selected in either of the first two picks of the draft.
- "THERE IS A TRADE TO ANNOUNCE, BETWEEN THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS, THE SACRAMENTO KINGS AND THE PHOENIX SUNS. Cleveland will receive Marcin Gortat and Channing Frye from the Suns along with the thirteenth pick, as well as Marcus Thornton from the Kings. Sacramento will receive Sebastian Telfair from the Suns, and the fourth pick from the Cavaliers. Phoenix will receive Jimmer Fredette and Sacramento's 5th pick, along with Alonzo Gee from the Cavaliers" -
What a blockbuster trade! Stern has walked back onto the stage, lets see what he has to say.
- "WITH THE THIRD PICK, THE WASHINGTON WIZARDS SELECT..........................BRADLEY BEAL OUT OF THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA" -
And once again a team has skipped out on Davis! The Wizards were primed to select Beal with this third pick, but of course no one considered that Davis would still be on the board past the first pick. It's been a strange draft, that's for sure. The Kings are up, and surely they will take Davis.
- "WITH THE FOURTH PICK, THE SACRAMENTO KINGS SELECT..........................ANDRE DRUMMOND OUT OF THE UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT" -
I have nothing to say anymore. As Goobie Mob once said, "Do my own eyes deceive me". The Suns, who were originally set to pick at the thirteenth spot, now sit with the fifth pick. Nothing will surprise me after tonight Magic.
- "WITH THE FIFTH PICK, THE PHOENIX SUNS SELECT..........................ANTHONY DAVIS OUT OF THE UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY" -
There you have it folks, consensus number one pick Anthony Davis has finally been taken... with the fifth pick. This certainly changes the landscape of the NBA. Lets take a look now at a graphic of Phoenix's possible depth chart.
C - Lopez
PF - Davis, Frye, Warrick
SF - Hill, Childress
SG - Dudley, Brown, Redd
PG - Nash, Fredette
And that everybody, is how the Phoenix Suns got Anthony Davis.