Four games on the slate for today, as the Bulls find themselves in an unexpected predicament, down 2-1 to the 76ers and now missing Joakim Noah after having already lost Derrick Rose for the rest of the playoffs. Game four is today in Philadelphia.
The Heat have the Knicks on the ropes 3-0, and a first round sweep out of the playoffs looks like a foregone conclusion for the Knicks as superstar Carmelo Anthony is shooting only 34% from the field and Amar'e Stoudemire has done more damage to fire hydrant casings than he has to the Heat. Stoudemire will be a game-time decision, so maybe he'll pull a Willis Reed with his self-inflicted mangled hand and help the Knicks to their first playoff win since 2001.
There's a lot of piling on of Amar'e right now, but AZ Central's Paola Boivin puts things in perspective.
When I reflect on Stoudemire, I will think not of the punch but of the person he has become since being drafted by the Suns a decade ago, of the man many expected to fizzle in the high school-to-NBA experiment who last season was treated to MVP chants in New York.
More on today's games after the jump, and a recap of yesterday's action, which featured the completion of a first round sweep of the defending champion Mavericks.Yesterday's results:
- Even Champions Fall. Thunder down Mavericks 103-97 - Thunder win series 4-0
- Clippers 87, Grizzlies 86 - It's Nice to Have a Chris Paul - Clippers lead series 2-1
- Spurs Prove too Much for Jazz; Ready Brooms - Spurs lead series 3-0
- Pacers 101, Magic 99 OT: Indiana Avoids Massive Fourth Quarter Collapse, Takes 3-1 Series Lead
- Bulls at 76ers, 10AM MST, ABC
- Heat at Knicks, 12:30PM MST, ABC
- Hawks at Celtics, 4PM MST, TNT
- Lakers at Nuggets, 6:30PM MST, TNT
Today might be the end of another disappointing Knicks season, and that doesn't make me sad. The passing of legendary Beastie Boys member Adam "MCA" Yauch, does make me sad, and since the Beastie Boys were proud Knicks fans, enjoy a little music on this Sunday. RIP, Adam Yauch.
Beastie Boys - So What'cha Want (via BVMUndergroundHipHop)