I know everyone has been trying to muster in a mock draft here and there so sorry for piling up another one but this isnt really a mock draft, this is more of a "who would you like to see in a suns uniform come july?" ! also, spare me some as this is my first ever fanpost.
We will cancel out all of the Centers (meyers leonard, tyler zeller) for the sake of Gortat and "certainly matching Lopez"
Also cancel all the PF's (Sullinger, Henson, Terrence Jones) for the sake of Kieff's confidence and Frye's contract and with the comments made by Lance Blanks, you can also take out PG unless Lillard or Marshal fall to us WHICH I DOUBT !
These comments made regarding taking a "wing player" leave us with a SF or SG prospect and with the only SF in this years draft being Barnes, PJ3 (tweener), MKG, I think we can safely say now that the suns take a SG in this years draft !
4 SG prospects stand out to me and IMO , these are how they rank :
1. Jeremy Lamb (6'5 185 lbs 20 yrs) 18 ppg/ 5 reb/ 1.8 ast/ 33% 3pt
2. Terrence Ross (6'6 1/2 197 lbs 21 yrs) 16 ppg/ 5 reb/ 1.5 ast/ 37% 3pt
3. Austin Rivers (6'4 203 lbs 19 yrs) 16 ppg/ 3 reb/ 2 ast/ 37% 3 pt
4. Dion Waiters (6'4 210 lbs 20 yrs) 12 ppg/ 2 reb/ 2 ast/ 36% 3 pt
I may be the only one on planet earth who thinks this, but IMO, whether we barely improve or heavily improve, NASH STAYS! I just think there is no chance, 0%, zip, nada chance that nash leaves the suns for a "contender" and IF IF IF he does, we bring in Brooks so we will not draft a PG unless Lillard falls to us.
Here are my NBA comparisons for these 4 SG prospects:
Lamb= Kevin Martin
Rivers= Jamal Crawford
Waiters= POOR POOR POOR mans Dwade
So my 2 questions are:
1. Who do you want to see in a suns uniform of these 4???
2. Who do you think we will end up drafting?