there hasn't been a player-coach since whenever.
in order to bring it back, i propose:
- the nba should create the position 'player-coach.'
- any player on a team's active roster can be designated 'player-coach'.
- the head coach must designate the PC and submit their designation to the officiating crew an hr before tip off.
- the PC would be paid a stipend of $15,000 for each game played as PC. the stipend is paid out of nba league funds.
- the PC would be required to shoot all of his team's technical FTs. he would have to shoot them underhanded (granny/rick barry style)
what do you all think?
- also, there will be an award at the end of the year. since sam cassell was inexplicably snubbed when the NBA Finals MVP award was not named after him, i propose that the PC of the Year be called the Sam Cassell Player-Coach award.