So i think Jeff Green is the missing link that could make us a top 4 seed, maybe not this year but definitely next year. Am i just crazy; here's my reasoning for both sides of the court.
1. He's efficient for a wing player who doesn't hurt our spacing: shooting at 48% and 38% from 3.
2. He scores best in transition and off the ball; super athletic he's always just 2 steps from dunking.
3. He's shown he can score in bunches; massive 30 point games against quality such as Miami
4. He can be a small ball 4 like he was at OKC
My vision: Jeff Hornaceck unleashing Jeff Green as what he should be, a slashing perimeter scorer who relies on his athleticism to score the ball. He could play off the ball, allowing Dragonblade to control the ball and find him whenever the defence cheats from outside or going to the rim. His best scoring though comes in transition, where he will be the perfect running mate for Dragonblade. As long as Hornaceck gives him a free license in transition he's shown the ability to be freakish on the when given the ball to finish.
1. He's got great size, length and athleticism; he has shown the ability to defend elite scorers at times in his career. This is why the celtics originally traded for him.
My vision: This is the hard sell for Hornaceck, to convince Jeff Green that he will never be a great perimeter play maker but that he could be an elite defender. He would be the truly elite defender that we need (sorry PJ, but i would still play you for your hustle!).
So there's my argument, open court finishing and defensive potential. I would be happy trading any of our picks or Frye/Green for him, but not anyone else of value. What do you guys think?