Why spend too much money on anyone not named Kevin Love, when you can find a little used guy on a rookie deal with 3 years left, who could possibly fit all your needs and potentially much more? (ie. Green/Plumlee Trade)
Original scouting for PJ3 -
"Perry Jones III is an athletic freak. He is 6'11" but can run the floor like and defend guards. That tells you all you need to know, but I guess I should extrapolate a little.
Offensively, he prefers to play big inside. Don't let that fool you! He can face up a defender and shoot a jumper over their heads, no problem. However, he prefers to catch the ball down low and make his move to the basket from there."
Thunder are actively shooting for a shooter - if Suns help to facilitate a trade that gets them either this or a quality center (it'd have to be a really good deal) , it's feasible they'll be willing to give up a good back up to Durant that's just oozing with potential
- he's the 3/4 man we need
- 6'11 , 7'2" wingspan , can shoot over anyone
- crazy athleticism (38 vert)
- Based on shot chart/form , can shoot from anywhere on the floor (small sample size)
- had problems with focus/intensity, seems to be resolved on the most part
-has a post game
-good defender, with crazzzy potential (body looks like a stronger Durant)
- trade chip for Love?
- Most importantly, he's only 22 and can progress with the rest of the team. Also doesn't really mess with the chemistry too much if we only end up losing like a pick and okafor (hopefull)
-At the worst, he's a quality back up 3/4, at the best he's a star.
- Why okc would trade him? idk. I think with Serge and Durant gobbling up all his minutes for the foreseeable future, he'll never really have any chance to show what he can do on that team. Suns have everything to gain. Problem is finding the right trade.