Remember that great playoff run the Suns made in 2009-2010? Well, I was thinking that there are some interesting comparisons of the current team to that team, most important the great play from the bench. But also from the starters, too. Specifically...
1) Starting point guard Goran Dragic this year is looking more and more and more like Steve Nash -- solid three point shooting, great drives to the hoops, and pretty passes to find open three-point shooters
2) The 2014 Barbs looks a lot like the 2010 Barbs -- just a little older
3) Starting center Miles Plumlee has much in common with Robin Lopez (at least Lopez in 2009-2010) – unheralded, but gives you about 8-10 points and 8-9 rebounds a game, with a couple of blocked shots thrown in
4) Shooting guard Gerald Green has much in common with JRich - great dunks, and deadly when he's open for the three
6) Small forward PJ Tucker is equivalent to Jared Dudley – a pestering defensive player, who can hit the three when open, and who brings toughness and grit to the team
There's no one on this current Suns team who can compare to Louie Amundsen, though. Boy, he was fun to watch!
Let’s hope that this Suns team can go as far in the playoffs as the 2009-2010 team did. Perhaps even farther.