Ever wonder what goes on behind the scenes of an NBA front office? Then this podcast is the place to be. We've got over an hour worth of interview with friend of the podcast Amin Elhassan, who offers particular insight into the draft and free agency process facing the Suns this offseason.
Amin joins Kris and Dave to answer lots of questions:
- Does having a "style" like the Suns make the draft and free agency easier (focus) or more difficult (narrows choices)?
- Which of the big-name free agents fit the Suns style, and which ones don't?
- In free agency, how much earlier does an FO know they lost a free agent than the general public, thanks to guys like Adrian Wojnarowski breaking the news?
- In the Draft, which guys jump out as the best fit on the Suns scheme?
- Shouldn't the Suns fill in some gaps (defense, rebounding, low-post scoring) in the Draft?
- Do the presence of Alex Len and Archie Goodwin narrow down draft choices, or is it okay to draft a center and/or a combo guard anyway?
- Do the presence of Eric Bledsoe and Goran Dragic in the starting lineup deter you from drafting a point guard?
- A year later, is Alex Len a good fit or bad fit on the Suns?