It's time for another player "holiday" at Bright Side of the Sun. This time, we will focus on Suns newcomer/long-time NBA veteran Grant Hill. We'll kick things off with this facts and trivia post, and tomorrow (make that later today), we'll follow up with a second post featuring reader-suggested YouTubes and comments. Without further ado...
A Few Quick Facts about Grant Hill (from Wikipedia, Suns.com, Grant's NBA player profile page, and other sources):
Full Name: Grant Henry Hill
Birth Date: October 5, 1972 (Dallas, Texas)
- His father played for the Dallas Cowboys in the NFL.
- Won the collegiate version of Defensive Player of the Year in 1993.
- Shared NBA Rookie of the Year with Jason Kidd in 1995.
- Was the first rookie ever to get the most votes for an All-Star game.
- Led the NBA in triple-doubles in 1995-96.
- Has regular season career highs of 46 points, 18 rebounds, and 14 assists.
- Has never been past the first round of the playoffs.