Our impromptu Boris Diaw Day continues with some facts and trivia. In case you missed Part 1, find it here. Be sure to post your favorite 3D moments and YouTubes in the comments, then check back tomorrow evening for Part 3.
A Few Quick Facts about Boris (from Wikipedia, Suns.com, Boris's NBA player profile page and official website, and other sources):
Full Name: Boris Babacar Diaw-Riffiod
Birth Date: April 16, 1982 (Cormeilles, France)
Official Website: BorisDiaw.com
- Is good friends with Spurs point guard Tony Parker, and was best man at his wedding.
- Is the son of Élisabeth Riffiod, one of the best centers in the history of French women's basketball, and Issa Diaw, who was a high jump champion in Senegal.
- Has a brother named Paco playing at Georgia Tech.
- Likes the number 13, Africa, photography, and cactus in Phoenix, among lots of other things.
- Is the first French player ever to record a triple-double in the NBA.
- One of only three players (LeBron James and Jason Kidd being the other two) to average at least six rebounds and six assists in the 2005-06 season.
- Originally intended to be a backup point guard when the Suns acquired him in 2005.
- Winner of the 2005-06 NBA Most Improved Player award
- His 3D nickname stands for "drive, dish, defend".