Our seventh, and final "player holiday" continues with Steve Nash Day Part 2. For anyone who missed Part 1, the link is here.
Before we get to the visuals, here are a few comments from readers. I'm chopping a few of them short to save space, so be sure to check out the full comments here.
Before we begin with the YouTubes, let me just say that this was the toughest time I have had to date trying to narrow down a small enough selection to keep the post from being obnoxiously long and slow to load. As a result, a few that I really wanted to include didn't make the cut. I will list the links at the bottom under an "Also Recommended" heading.
We'll start off with Steve's three-pointer that sent the Suns' Game 6 against Dallas in the 2005 playoffs into overtime (and an eventual Suns series-clinching victory). You'll also see Dirk Nowitzki screaming at Jason Terry afterwards for playing...um...less than stellar defense.:
Next up are NBATV's top 10 Steve Nash plays for 2006. I am proud to say I got to witness #7 and #5 in person.
Here are Steve's 23 assists against the Lakers in the 2007 playoffs-one shy of the all-time playoff record:
This one is the "In My Own Words" feature from last season. Check out the wrestling match between Mark Cuban and one of the refs about 3:50 in:
Lastly, here is a mix entitled "Devoted", which is perfect for the Suns MVP. As usual, it makes his teammates look good too:
- Another clutch three from what is to date my favorite regular season NBA game ever
- Carving up the Cavaliers with 21 assists
- Steve kicks it into the basket from half court.
- The Steve-to-Amare header dunk from the 2005 All-Start dunk contest.
- And for those who disagree with me that the Nets game three pointer was better, here is the one against Dallas last March.