A few quick links before we get to our regularly scheduled Game Day.
- Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic reports that Amare Stoudemire has been named a team captain for the first time in his career. After five years as the franchise player in waiting, it's definitely time he got to try on the "C" (although hopefully one of those leadership qualities he talks about wanting to develop in that article involves learning to keep a lid on the brag-ometer a little). Maybe this will improve his respect factor with the refs too.
- Bob Young reported in The Heat Index a couple of days ago that Suns Hall of Famer Connie Hawkins is seriously ill. For anyone wanting to send The Hawk a get well message, Suns.com has a page where you can do just that.
- While we're talking Suns.com, here is Dan Hilton's by the numbers for last night's game.
- Still need cheering up? Paul Coro points out that the Suns are now on pace for 60+ wins in his latest blog. Interesting note too that Atlanta had a rougher travel schedule than the Suns did this time, and bad news for those hoping the Grant Hill three-pointer experiment would end sooner rather than later.
- Lastly, for those eager to get an early start on discussing today's game, tonight's guest recapper, SwingMan (who you may remember from last season's Drunken Amateur Reports on Phxsuns.net) has written what will become the official game day thread later on this afternoon.
Amare Stoudemire being named captain is...
This poll is closed
A potential chemistry nightmare