I could probably save myself a lot of typing tonight just by saying "see previous game's recap" instead of writing something new. Some of the similarities between this game and the one against Toronto on Wednesday were just downright eerie:
- The Suns closed the first half with a five point lead, just like Wednesday. The halftime score was 60-55. On Wednesday, it was 61-56.
- The Suns blew the game open in the third quarter, just like they did on Wednesday. They entered the fourth quarter with a 24-point lead. On Wednesday it was 21.
- The final margin of victory was 15 points. On Wednesday, it was 13.
- Steve Nash set a season high 18 assists on Wednesday. Tonight he another season high with 19 this time.
- Raja Bell had a hot streak in the third quarter that played a role in breaking open the game. The same was true Wednesday as well.
So after all those points, with so many Suns contributing to a third consecutive 120+ scoring effort, they must have beaten the Wizards in number of players with double-digits points too, right? Not so fast. The Suns had six, which is awesome, but the Wizards had seven. A bit of moral victory for the guys in Washington I guess.
This was definitely a night of sharing for the Suns. They one-upped Wednesday night's 38 assist total as a team by getting a new season-high 42 this time. Put that with their 50 made field goals, and you have an 84% assist-to-field goal rate. Not too shabby.
Player of the Game: I went with Steve Nash last time because of the direct impact his presence seemed to have on the Suns' ability to score. I could do the same tonight (or pretty much any Suns game, really), but I won't. I could also give the nod to Amare for a second consecutive stellar shooting night. However, I'm going with Raja Bell. That three-point barrage he had in the third quarter played an enormous role in putting this game in hand. To me, that had the biggest impact in determining the outcome.
Runner-Up:: Andray Blatche. Good thing this game turned into a blowout, otherwise those seven offensive rebounds would have hurt.
Grading the Game: "A" for the second time in a row.
Your turn to grade the game
This poll is closed
A - Awesome!
B - Better than average
C - Could be better
D - D'oh!
F - Flush it.