The Suns have played 51 games. They've won 39 of those - a 76.5% winning percentage. At this rate, they'll win a total of 62 games. But, extrapolating out the Mavericks' winning percentage, the Suns will still end 5 games out of first place because the Mavericks are on track to win 67 games.
Those are some interesting stats. Here are a few others (as of 5:00 MST on 2/13):
- The Suns are scoring 5.1 more points per game than the next nearest team.
- The Suns have the best road record in the league at 19-6.
- They are tied for the 2nd best home record in the league with Utah and Chicago. Dallas has the best record.
- The Suns have 6 players averaging double figures in scoring - but they don't have anyone in the top 20. Amare Stoudemire comes in 23rd with 19.9 points per game.
- The Suns have the highest shooting percentage in the league at 49.7%. The next closest is Utah and they are 2 points behind.
- Phoenix shoots 2 percentage points better than the next closest competitor in 3-point shots (40%). They are 4th best at defending the three-point shot.
- Phoenix averages 2 more assists per game than their closest competitor (26.4). They also allow the 4th least number of assists in the league.
- The Suns have the highest assists/turnover ratio in the league at 1.84. But Detroit is only .01% behind them. The next closest is 1.70.
- Phoenix is tied for 9th in the league for total number of technical fouls. They have 27 - nearly one every other game.
Those are all the stats I thought were interesting. If you can find any more, let me know in the comments.