Phoenix Suns - 116, Memphis Grizzlies - 111
The Suns trailed by 5 in the first quarter, went to halftime leading by 12, ended the third quarter leading by 1 and won the game by 5. At one point the Suns lead by 14, yet the Grizzlies kept fighting their way back into the game. Pau Gasol scored 23 and Hakim Warrick scored 22 in trying to keep the Grizzlies close to the Suns the entire game.
There were a few pretty good things that happened during the game:
- The Suns kept the Grizzlies below 50% shooting. Only two players shot over 50% for the Suns. So not only can they keep the team with the best record from shooting well, they can also do the same for the team with the worst record.
- Steve Nash had a stellar game. He recorded 17 assists, had 6 rebounds and scored 15 points on 4-4 shooting.
- Amare Stoudemire and Leandro Barbosa kept the team in the game with each taking over a half. Leandro Barbosa saved the team in the first quarter when Amare was in foul trouble. Amare came out and scored most of his points in the second half when he was able to control the fouls a little better.
- James Jones found his shooting touch and scored 14 points on 5-8 shooting.
- Raja Bell had another poor shooting night - shooting only 3-10 from the field. He had been on for the past couple of games but last night he was really off. He only shot 1-6 from the three-point line.
- The Suns were outrebounded by 8 in the game and the Grizzlies had 4 more offensive rebounds.
- The Suns shot 68% from the free throw line. The Grizzlies scored 13 more points than the Suns did from the free throw line. That's just unacceptable in any situation.