I've been looking at Pounding the Rock for what they think about the Suns and finally found this posted today:
Really, it's very similar to Phoenix. If we can keep Amare and Nash in the low 50s between them and everyone else in the 40s, we should be okay. 100 points should be enough to win most of the games. Also, like Denver, I'm comforted by the fact that their coach stinks. So, here we go, Game 1 is tomorrow. All we gotta get is one of the first two and we put ourselves in position to win a ring just by winning the rest of our home games. The wheat has separated itself from the chaff and the playoffs begin for real tomorrow.
Let's break this thing down a bit:
- They call Steve Nash a hoser? They have Manu Ginobli, Tim Duncan, Robert Horry and Michael Finely and they call Steve Nash a hoser? Um, ok.
- Does anyone really think Tony Parker can neutralize Leandro Barbosa's speed? I guess if by neutralize you mean "watch as he runs by you and scores a basket".
- Theoretically, size and quickness aren't prerequisites to stop Marion? I'll give you size. But quickness? Really? What do they consider success against Marion? Less than 5 alley-oop dunks?
- "The key will be weather they can keep him off the boards" - Are they expecting to start a thunderstorm in the arena? Oh, I guess he means "whether". I forgot up above I had already deduced the guy was drunk. So he gets another pass.
- I think he means "Really, it's very similar to Denver" not "Phoenix" but we'll let it slide since the guy writing this is obviously drunk.
- "Keep Amare and Nash in the law 50s between them and everyone else in the 40s and we should be okay" - Leandro scores 25, Raja scores 10, Diaw scores 10 and that's 45 points. Marion scores 20, Amare scores 20, Steve scores 15. That's 100 points. And that's only if Amare only scores 20 and Steve only scores 15. Do the Spurs really think they can score over 100 points and still win the game?
- "100 points should be enough to win most of the games" - Hmmm, yep, I guess they do.
- "Their coach stinks" - Wha??? The coach that led the Suns to 2 Western Conference Finals the past two years and had a record of 177-69 over the past 3 years. The Spurs? They had a record of 180-66. If the Suns having 3 less wins than the Spurs over the past three years is the sign of a terrible coach, then there really aren't any good coaches out there, I guess.
- "All we gotta get is one of the first two and we put ourselves in position to win a ring just by winning the rest of our home games" - Yeah, and all the Suns have to do is win the rest of their home games.
Thoughts on this obviously Spurs-biased "analysis" from our opponent's fan blog?