A few late-breaking tidbits:
- East Valley Tribune is reporting that the Suns will re-sign Sean Marks tomorrow. Marks will get a one-year deal at the veteran's minimum.
- Paul Coro at AZCentral reports that the Suns got their first victory in the Steve Kerr era--sorta. The summer league Suns beat Detroit 85-76 in "an unofficial scrimmage in an empty arena" Tuesday afternoon. More important than the victory is news that Marcus Banks continues to have the hot hand, with 6-7 shooting, and Otis George continues to impress. The Suns are looking for leadership from Banks.
- Someone on Phxsuns.net posted some really nice observations from the Suns-Cavs game from the perspective of someone who was actually there sitting courtside. Sounds like it was a lot more fun to see live than it was on NBA.com.
- The salary cap has been set at $55,630,000 for the 2007-08 season. The new number is a $2.5 million increase over the prior amount. The most important number for Suns fans is the luxury tax level. This will be set at $67.87 million, up from $65.42 million.
- ESPN reports that Marco Belinelli has been "sensational" in summer league play thus far. This news will no doubt leave fans wondering what might have been had the Suns had better luck in attempting to trade up on draft day.