After failing to lead his Brazilian national team to the Olympics, I'm thinking Leandro Barbosa could use a bit of cheering up. So, how about we make him our next featured player with a tribute of YouTubes, trivia, and more. Just like we've been doing, we'll start with a facts and trivia post, and tomorrow we'll move on to the visuals. Feel free to mention your favorite LB moments and videos in the comments. You never know when they might show up in tomorrow's post. As for me, my favorite "Blur" moment is without a doubt watching Leandro take it to the Lakers over and over again during the playoffs in 2006. Each time he blew by every Laker on the floor for yet another layup, you could just see his confidence starting to grow. That game winner against the Bulls this past season wasn't bad either.
A Few Quick Facts about Leandro (from Wikipedia, Suns.com, LB's NBA player profile page, and other sources):
Full Name: Leandro Mateus Barbosa
Birth Date: November 28, 1982 (São Paulo, Brazil)
Height: 6'3" (with a 6'10" wingspan)
- Was selected with the 28th pick by the Spurs in 2003 and traded to the Suns
- Known as Leandrinho ("little Leandro") in Brazil
- Almost didn't work out for the Suns prior to the draft because of an injury
- Spent his first night as a Sun sleeping on the locker room floor
- Has his own in-home movie theater (8:37)
- Likes the movie Scarface (8:37) (Seems a little "un-Leandro-like" doesn't it?)
- Starts his day with a liver and beans shake (15:19) (Ewww)
- Winner of the Majerle Hustle Award and NBA's Sixth Man of the Year in 2007, making him the first to win both in the same year.