Since it looks like this is pretty near official, I thought I'd create a separate place to discuss it.
First the story on ESPN:
As leery as I usually am of posting anything that starts with "sources say", the Shaq trade has emboldened me a bit. So, assuming this deal is to be done as stated, it has the Mavericks sending a full third of their roster out to the Nets, and receiving three players back in return (including one in a separate deal):
To New Jersey:
- Devin Harris
- Jerry Stackhouse (probably to be bought out and maybe re-signed by the Mavs in 30 days)
- DeSagna Diop (expiring contract -- could the Nets buy him out too?)
- Devean George (ditto)
- Maurice Ager
- Cash (league-max $3million)
- 2008 and 2010 first round picks
- Jason Kidd
- Malik Allen
- Antoine Wright (in a separate deal)
Tell us how you really feel, Wes.
Oh, and welcome to our world...
[Update 02/13/08 7:00 PM MT]: Looks like the Mavs and Nets have hit a speed bump in their trade plans. Devean George ain't having it. This guy has a no-trade clause? Really?