Predicted Player of the Game
This is kind of a tough one. I think Nash and JRich will have their hands full with Gordon, Stuckey and Bynumite. Hill hasn't been shooting well and will be facing two young defenders in Jerebko and Daye that are both really tall. I could go with Amare against Ben Wallace and CNuv or Frye to have a good shooting night at home but I think I am feeling a little Barbosa tonight. Not exactly sure why but at home in a change of pace kind of way I see LB having a solid game.
|2009 - Leandro Barbosa||10||21.3||4.4||9.3||47.3||1.2||3.1||38.7||1.0||1.6||62.5||0.3||1.3||1.6||1.5||0.9||0.6||0.1||1.7||11.0|
Pregame Coaches Notes:
- Coach Kuester said Charlie VNuv will cover Frye
- Austin Daye only played a couple of minutes last night in Utah but he's not injured. Coach K said he's still learning about what he's supposed to be doing
- Gentry said it doesn't mean a thing that the Pistons played an OT game the night before...that's one of those things coaches say. Of course Ben Wallace playing 43 minutes last night makes a difference
- Suns will play some zone but Gentry would prefer to be able to match-up man-to-man
- Pistons locker room note says to run against the Suns. They will often use a 3 guard line-up so and are smaller than Phoenix so look for an up-tempo game
- Gentry talked about wanting to have his team use runs to build or extend leads and not have to use that to claw back
[Note by Phoenix Stan, 11/22/09 5:50 PM MST ]
I asked the guys from Motown String Music why Jonas Jerebko was starting over Austin Daye...here's the answer:
Jerebko is the better defender than Daye and I think that's why he has been starting over Daye. Jerebko is one of those guys who never seems to stop running around, constantly being a pest, and causing problems on defense. I think he complements Big Ben nicely and compensates for what Charlie V lacks on defense. While Daye is long, he moves slow laterally and can't defend guys in the post like Jerebko has shown he can.