- The Washington beat writers first questions for Flip Saunders were about the snow storm back home and if the Wizards were going to try and fly out tonight or hang out in Phoenix. Let's see, it's 70 and sunny here. I would find any excuse to stay
- Saunders said the Wiz have been playing well but just not winning games. Ok...
- Gentry talked about Gilbert going off for 50 at any point when he's healthy and like Amare he's taking some time to come back from injury but based on last night's game. He's back
- When Gil was here in Phoenix last he dropped a USAC record 54 points on the Suns on Dec 22, 2006. If you recall he was on a payback tour giving some love to the coaches who left him off the US National team. Gentry doesn't think Gilbert is holding any grudges against him
- Asked about getting complacent with the up-coming home stand after so many road games Gentry turned to his white board and said "let's see..." and proceeded to write the names of the next home opponents (Cavs, Thunder, Clips, Lakers and Boston) making the point that noone's getting content.
Paul Coro responded "five and 0"
- Asked for additional thoughts on the fourth quarter of the Portland game, Gentry said they just go out of rhythm and only put up 27 shots in the 2nd half instead of 40+ he's looking for. He said fatigue wasn't a factor
- JRich's hand is still sore but he can't hurt it by playing so he's going to go. "We'll stick hi out there and see what happens"
- LB is getting closer. Still looking at the Dec 25th game for his return