2008/2009 NBA Regular Season
|February 11th, 2009, 5:00 PM MST / 7:00 PM EST
|MY 45, 620 KTAR
|Player to named later
|Official Suns Game Notes
The Suns world, heck the entire basketball universe, expects the Cavs to win another home game tonight and send the Suns reeling into the All-Star break with only the anticipation of a few days off and more trade rumors.
I expect the same result.
However, just consider:
- The Cavs have dropped their last two
- They might be overlooking the Suns (that's a new one for us huh?)
- They are missing Delonte West and Sasha Pavlo'neal
- LeBron and Mo Williams are thinking about leaving Cleveland and coming to Phoenix for the ASG
- Ben Wallace sucks
Any hope now Suns fans? I didn't think so...
I was curious however about LeBron and whether he's like Kobe back a few years ago where the more shots he took the more likely it was that the Lakers would lose.
I dusted of the spreadsheet and ran some numbers and found this:
- In the Cavs 11 loses LeBron 1.7 fewer points and 2.2 more attempts
- His FG% is 8% lower in loses and his 3P% is 7% lower
- Rebounds and Free Throws were less then .3 differece but he does have 1 full assist more in games they lost. Ponder that.
In Cavs loses LeBron scored 30% of the teams points vs 28% in Cavs wins
I was hoping that these numbers might give us a game plan. Something like stay home on everyone else and make LeBron shoot more or double up on LeBron and make the other guys beat you.
I think though that the only realistic plan is to hope LeBron doesn't shoot well.
So, stop listening to all those naysayers that claim that "hope is not a plan" and get ready to strap on a big helping of H.O.P.E.
Meta News: I picked up my media credentials for the all star jam session which includes lots of fun stuff like the rookie/sophmore game, the d-league all star game and some called a Fed Ex clinic with Boris Diaw (I guess he's going to demonstrate how to get right up near someone's door and then pass the box to another driver??)
So, expect the next few days around here to be filled with lots of on the scene reporting from the festivities along with more and more trade rumors. Frankly, I hope they wait to actually make a trade until after this week is over so I can focus on this.
Almost forgot. You have until mid night tonight to enter