Yes the offseason here in AZ is boring, the heat is miserable and the Suns news isn't exactly plentiful.
So here goes another one of those, "let's post a little something to keep us from nodding off at work" posts.
If Steve Nash isn't the best Sun of all time, who is?
Consider what Barkley did for the franchise: their latest and second finals appearance occurred after his acqusition. STAT was a good player who made great plays and had some huge playoff games, spending all of his career here until a couple months ago. KJ was nearly a career Sun, led them to many many playoff appearances, he was the heart and soul for years.
Here's a little something to help you out, if you need some help with numbers.
Food for thought:
- Alvan Adams leads the franchise in minutes and games played
- Walter Davis leads the franchise in scoring, field goals made and attempts
- Mark West leads the franchise in field goal percentage (but never took a shot outside the paint as I recall)
- Shawn Marion is second in total rebounds all time and first in defensive rebounds
- Kevin Johnsons is the all time franchise leader in assists
- Steve Nash leads the franchise in free throw percentage and 3-pt field goals and is second in assists
- Charles Barkley is second all time in scoring average
Who else can you think of and let us know what your criteria is for your selection.