What were you doing on December 19? Drinking some tasty egg nog? Listenting to a Bing Crosby Christmas on your hi/fi? Spraying that white chemical on your Christmas tree to make it look like snow? Or maybe you were partying after the shorthanded Suns defeated the Thunder to even their record out at 13-13? We've all come a long way, baby.
Tonight the Phoenix Suns crushed a tired and fairly crappy Warriors squad, 112-88. Every Sun who stepped on the court scored a point, and for the first time in recent memory, Phoenix was finally able to empty the bench. That's right on this night Silo and Chilly even hit the hard wood for the Suns and scored buckets. Not only that Suns fans, but Jared Dudley got up for one, and.....DUNKED! Yes it was a special treat for all of us.
The Suns shot 60% in the first quarter and went on a 19-3 run to close out the first half to set the tone for this one. It was an excellent W with virtually everyone playing well. Of course there were 17 turnovers which delayed the inevitable for a smidge tonight, so we can let that slide....Why not get to our props right now, and I'll let PHX Seth add in the details from the locker room in a few:
- Channing Frye busts 17 and 9 and a crazy +27 to lead the squad
- Nash being Nash with 18 ad 11
- MP off the pine with 8 points on 3-5 shooting and a +14 to let Vince rest
- The Suns big men tag team of Lopez and Gortat a combined 15 rebounds and 18 points
- Zabian Dowdell looking poised with 10/6/5 in 20 minutes
- Jared Dudley with a freakin' huge dunk (he only needs 9 more to reach his goal) and 13 points. His stroke looked excellent tonight.
- And last but not least HAK, with 8 and 6. A step closer to earning back his WarMachine moniker. But when will he stop shooting from outside? He should have a shock collar that yanks him to the bench when he rises up past 12 feet.
Tonight was a great Suns W with some quality D played on a tired Warriors squad. The Suns limited GS to 40% shooting and never let them score 30 points in a quarter.
Enjoy it, y'all, Utah is up next.
Warriors vs Suns coverage
Full coverage of the Dudley dunk with video and his reaction along with teammates:
"Let me just say, Jared Dudley's dunk might have been the best dunk I've ever seen him do. Honestly, I thought it was Vince Carter streaking to the basket. If I had known it was Jared I probably wouldn't have passed it to him. But, I'm glad I did because we got a great highlight."