After a feel-good, blow-out rout against the clearly inferior Maccabi Haifa of Israel, the Phoenix Suns will face their first actual NBA competition of the preseason tonight, as they play the young and talented, but very injured Portland Trail Blazers, in what should still be a much more competitive match-up.
When : Wed., Oct. 9 at 7 p.m. PST
Where: Portland Trail Blazers Moda Center, Portland Or.
Watch: NBA League Pass
Listen: 620 AM (Locally)
Probable Starting Line-ups:
PG - Goran Dragic
SG - Eric Bledsoe
SF - P.J. Tucker
PF - Markieff Morris
C - Marcin Gortat
PG - Damian Lillard
SG - Allen Crabbe
SF - Wesley Mathews
PF - Thomas Robinson
C - Robin Lopez
- Rookie C.J. McCollum fractured his foot at practice last Saturday, and will undergo surgery. He is not only out for tonight's game, but will likely miss the first couple months of the regular season.
- Nicolas Batum suffered a concussion yesterday in practice, and will miss tonight's game.
- Lamarcus Aldridge suffered a quad injury last Wednesday and is questionable to play tonight.
- Mo Williams is doubtful to play with a right ankle injury.
Match-ups to Watch:
- Former Suns' teammates Marcin Gortat and Robin Lopez should both get the start tonight. Who will get the better of the other?
- Speaking of bigs...look for the match-ups between Alex Len/Miles Plumlee and Myers Leonard/Joel Freeland as well.
- Will Eric Bledsoe get the defensive assignment on Damian Lillard, and will he be able to slow him down?
- Who will win the match-up between former Kansas teammates Markieff Morris and Thomas Robinson?