The surgery on Phoenix Suns guard Eric Bledsoe's knee was successful today.
The surgery was performed in Phoenix by renowned Suns team doctor and knee surgeon Thomas Carter. Bledsoe will immediately begin a recovery and rehabilitation program and will pursue a possible return to action during the second half of this NBA season.
The key on the surgery for Bledsoe was a likelihood that he could play again this season.
While no details of the surgery were shared, a source close to the team expressed optimism to me that Bledsoe will indeed return in the second half of the season.
More details will follow, but for now his agent Rich Paul has not shared any details on the surgery either.
- Phoenix Suns lose to Memphis 104-99 after grisly second half
- Around the NBA: Eastern Conference All-Stars
- Game Preview: Phoenix Suns seek retribution against Memphis Grizzlies
- This Phoenix Suns team breathes fire from The Dragon Goran Dragic, will survive without Bledsoe
- Are the 2013-14 Phoenix Suns Too Much of a Good Bargain?