The Spurs cancelled their shootaround today, so we don't know at this point who is playing. The assumption is everyone, except the still-injured Tiago Splitter and Patty Mills. But who knows?
Before the game, Gregg Popovich politely declined comment on any chicken suits. Even the Spurs beat writer gave him an easy prompt and he didn't bite.
Asked what one Suns player gives the coaching staff the most headaches as far as game planning, Popovich paused for a few seconds and responded "Dragic. He's a clever Slovenian." (Pop is American, but has a Serbian dad and Croatian mom).
Hornacek pregame said he thought the Suns were pretty focused at shoot around, often a good sign for the game (but not for sure).
Odds and ends:
- Home teams have won 29 consecutive games (Mercury 20 straight, Rattlers 5, Suns 4) at US Airways Center. Let's make it 30!
- Thomas' 23 was the most by player coming off the bench in his game as a Phoenix Sun in franchise history
- Suns have won the last 2 home games against San Antonio by 20+ points (Feb. 21, two weeks ago)
- The last time Eric Bledsoe faced the Spurs in the regular season - in San Antonio in the final week - he put up 30, 11 and 9. Goran Dragic sat out that game.
- And for the record, between the two pregame sessions with both coaches I asked 0 questions about he-who-must-not-be-named while other reporters asked at least 3.