With just a few games to play, most NBA observers are still counting the inexperienced, upstart Phoenix Suns out of the playoff picture despite the Suns holding a one-game lead over Memphis Grizzlies for the 8th spot and being just one win behind Dallas Mavericks for the 7th spot with four games to play.
- Dallas 48-31, 7th place, remaining games against San Antonio, Phoenix, Memphis
- Phoenix 47-31, 8th place, remaining games against San Antonio, Dallas, Memphis, Sacramento
- Memphis 46-32, 9th place, remaining games against Philadelphia, Lakers, Phoenix, Dallas
But who is playing best?
Memphis has gotten a lot of publicity for charging back into the playoff picture once their center, Marc Gasol, got healthy and Dallas has Dirk so... of course they are going to close out the clutch wins.
But it's the Phoenix Suns who are playing the best basketball of the three teams fighting for those last two spots.
Let's take a look at how each team has fared in their last 25 games with their preferred starting lineups. Everyone's healthy, so let's match up each other's best and duke it out.
- Phoenix Suns - 20 wins, 5 losses in their last 25 games with Eric Bledsoe, Goran Dragic, PJ. Tucker, Channing Frye and Miles Plumlee as the starting lineup
- Memphis Grizzlies - 16 wins, 9 losses in last 25 games with Mike Conley, Courtney Lee, Tayshawn Prince, Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol as the starting lineup
- Dallas Mavericks - 18 wins, 7 losses in last 25 games with Jose Calderon, Monta Ellis, Shawn Marion, Dirk Nowitzki and Samuel Dalembert as the starting lineup
- Phoenix Suns - 10 wins, 4 losses against current playoff teams
- Memphis Grizzlies - 7 wins, 7 losses against current playoff teams
- Dallas Mavericks - 5 wins, 7 losses against current playoff teams
- Phoenix Suns - 6 wins, 3 losses against West playoff teams
- Memphis Grizzlies - 2 wins, 3 losses against West playoff teams
- Dallas Mavericks - 4 wins, 4 losses against West playoff teams