Hello readers! If you were here last year (I wasn't!) you might remember the Community Mock Draft that was held. The NBA Draft is a lot of fun to watch, but the most fun thing about it is the speculation and playing out all the different scenarios. So why not do that ourselves?
Comment below to sign up for a team. This will be on a first-come first -served basis. Please scan the comments and this draft order below (I will update it as much as I can) before you signup and make it an original comment instead of a reply-fest. This makes things a little easier for me. I will be the Oklahoma City Thunder.
The draft will take place Monday, June 23rd at 10PM EST/ 7 PM PST. The draft will have it's own live thread that will be posted that day.
Same rules as last year. Here they are again.
- We are only drafting in the first round for the sake of my own sanity
- On draft day, you will only have 5 minutes to make a selection (like the real thing!). If you fail to make the decision in time, I will make the pick for you. It will most likely be Johnny Football. Kidding. Sort of.
- To make your selection, you will be posting a comment in that live thread with your pick in the subject line. If you select a team but can't make it in time for the draft, you can email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) a big board of players around your selection. Please don't use that as an okay excuse to sign-up though. This is way more fun with everyone on the thread.
- TRADES ARE ALLOWED. For the sake of this format, the trades MUST have a first round pick in them. You just need to make sure that they are valid and once both teams have an agreement, email me (email@example.com) your trade and it will be updated to this thread and if they occur on draft day, the live thread. You can use either email or this thread itself for trade negotiations. I will make sure to comment with the trade as well, as updating the post doesn't necessarily notify everyone.
- This one is very important. Please make the trades reasonable. Keep your own team's interests in mind, not just the Suns.
This is not a rule, but try to use the rest of the week to do trades instead of draft day, as that might make my head explode. Emails will be alongside the username for the team.
That's about it. Once again, comment below with your email to get a team (first-come first-served).
Cleveland Cavaliers send Kyrie Irving to the Orlando Magic for #4 and #12
Minnesota Timberwolves send Kevin Love to the Los Angeles Clippers for Blake Griffin and #28
Golden State Warriors send Klay Thompson, Marreese Speights, and Harrison Barnes to the Charlotte Hornets for Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Gerald Henderson, and #9.
Los Angeles Clippers send DeAndre Jordan, J.J. Redick, and Jared Dudley to the Memphis Grizzlies for Marc Gasol, Tayshaun Prince, and #22.
Minnesota Timberwolves send Nikola Pekovic and Shabazz Muhammad to the Boston Celtics for Jeff Green, Kelly Olynyk, Joel Anthony, and #17.
Sacramento Kings send Ben McLemore to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Jeremy Lamb and #21
Minnesota Timberwolves send Kevin Martin and #28 to the Los Angeles Clippers for Jamal Crawford and #22
Orlando Magic send Aaron Afflalo, Jammer Nelson, and Kyle O' Quinn to the Chicago Bulls for Carlos Boozer and #16
Boston Celtics send Jared Sullinger to the Los Angeles Clippers for Reggie Bullock and #28
Boston Celtics send Vitor Faverani and #6 to the Phoenix Suns for Marcus Morris, #14, and #18.
Three way trade. Boston receives David West. Indiana receives Brook Lopez, Brandon Bass, and Keith Bogans. Brooklyn receives Roy Hibbert, Chris Copeland, and #18.
Portland Trailblazers send LaMarcus Aldridge and Will Barton to the Phoenix Suns for Gerald Green, Alex Len, Markieff Morris, Ish Smith, Dionte Christmas, and #6.
Boston Celtics send Rajon Rondo and #28 to the Detroit Pistons for Brandon Jennings and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Three way trade. Los Angeles Lakers receive Jrue Holiday, Austin Rivers, Luke Babbitt, and the rights to Pierre Jackson. Miami Heat receive Jeff Withey and Kendall Marshall. New Orleans Pelicans receive Steve Nash, Marshon Brooks, the rights to James Ennis, #7, and #26.
Portland Trailblazers for Damian Lillard, Dorrell Wright, Joel Freeland, and Victor Claver to the Denver Nuggets for Ty Lawson, Timofey Mozgov, and #11.
Brooklyn Nets send Deron Williams, Marquis Teague and #18 to the Houston Rockets for Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik, Pat Beverley and #25.
Portland Trailblazers send Wes Matthews and Thomas Robinson to the Golden State Warriors for Gerald Henderson, Nemanja Nedovic, and #9.
Boston Celtics trade Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and #14 for Alec Burks and #23
San Antonio Spurs send Marco Belinelli and #30 to the Charlotte Hornets for Brendan Haywood and #24
Atlanta Hawks send Lou Williams and #15 to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Jamal Crawford
Portland Trailblazers send Ty Lawson, Cj McCollum and #11 to the Indiana Pacers for Paul George and CJ Watson
Sacramento Kings send Jason Terry, Derrick Williams, Travis Outlaw, and #21 to the New Orleans Pelicans for Eric Gordon and #26
Los Angeles Clippers send Kevin Love and Willie Green to the Portland Trail Blazers for Markieff Morris, Timofey Mozgov, Gerald Henderson, and #6
San Antonio Spurs send Danny Green, Tiago Splitter, and #24 to the Indiana Pacers for Luis Scola, Solomon Hill, Donald Sloan, Ian Mahinmi, and #11.
Three way trade. San Antonio Spurs receive Gerald Green and #17. Minnesota Timberwolves receive Ian Mahinmi and #9. Portland Trailblazers receive JJ Barea, #11, and #15
Phoenix Suns send LaMarcus Aldridge and Vitor Faverani to the Sacramento Kings for Rudy Gay, Jeremy Lamb, #8, and #26.
Phoenix Suns send #8, #26, and #27 to the New Orleans Pelicans for Alexis Ajinca, #7, and #21.
Dallas Mavericks send Monta Ellis to the Portland Trailblazers for Alex Len and #15.
Here is the draft order. Teams in bold are still available as of the last update (check the comments!)
1. Cleveland Cavaliers- KC_Suns_Fan
2. Milwaukee Bucks- Alex Len (?), firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Philadelphia 76ers- Way2Nashty, email@example.com
4. Cleveland Cavailers (via Orlando) - KC_Suns_Fan
5. Utah Jazz- omnicious, firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Los Angeles Clippers (from POR via PHX and BOS)- sunfromunder, email@example.com
7. Phoenix Suns (via NO from LAL)- brawadis, firstname.lastname@example.org
8. New Orleans Pelicans (via PHX from SAC)- Geoff Allen
9. Minnesota Timberwolves (via POR from GSW and Charlotte)- jack's complete lack of surprise
10. Philadelphia 76ers- Way2Nashty, email@example.com
11. Portland Trailblazers (via SAS from IND,POR, and DEN)- GorBledsoe, firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Cleveland Cavaliers (via Orlando)- KC_Suns_Fan
13. Minnesota Timberwolves- jack's complete lack of surprise
14. Utah Jazz (via BOS from PHX)- omnicious, email@example.com
15. Dallas Mavericks (via POR from MIN and ATL)- Suns Fan For Life
16. Orlando Magic (via CHI)- Jack Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org
17. San Antonio Spurs (via MIN from BOS)- Seanuz, email@example.com
18. Houston Rockets (from BKN via BOS and PHX) - Millay, firstname.lastname@example.org
19. Chicago Bulls- Sreekar
20. Toronto Raptors- williamsnathan
21. Phoenix Suns (via NO from SAC and OKC)- brawadis, email@example.com
22. Minnesota Timberwolves (from LAC via MEM)- jack's complete lack of surprise
23. Boston Celtics (via Utah)- jdugan, firstname.lastname@example.org
24. Indiana Pacers (via SAS from CHA)- dshock88, email@example.com
25. Brooklyn Nets (via HOU)- horboy80, firstname.lastname@example.org
26. New Orleans Pelicans (via PHX from SAC. NO, LAL, and MIA)- Geoff Allen
27. New Orleans Pelicans (via PHX)- Geoff Allen
28. Detroit Pistons (from BOS via LAC, MIN and LAC)- ill_daniel, email@example.com
29. Oklahoma City Thunder- Kellan Olson, firstname.lastname@example.org
30. Charlotte Hornets (via SAS)-SLASH-1
Teams with no first rounders
Dallas Mavericks- Suns Fan For Life
Detroit Pistons- ill_daniel, email@example.com
Golden State Warriors- DCybertron, firstname.lastname@example.org
Indiana Pacers- dshock88, email@example.com
New Orleans Pelicans- Geoff Allen
New York Knicks- Ozzy Sun, firstname.lastname@example.org
Portland Trail Blazers- GorBledsoe, email@example.com
Washington Wizards- holeman1, firstname.lastname@example.org