Over the past week, the Phoenix Suns have gone 3-1 with wins over the Toronto Raptors, Milwaukee Bucks and Minnesota Timberwolves as well as an agonizing loss to the dreaded San Antonio Spurs on Friday night. Three of the games were against winning teams.
The week has been punctuated by some impressive plays (including memorable slams by Archie Goodwin, Alex Len and Gerald Green) and some frurstrating technical fouls and punishments. Marcus Morris was benched for the remainder of the Wolves game (a narrow Suns win), while P.J. Tucker and Markieff Morris were benched for the last three minutes of the Spurs game (a narrow loss).
Players who have played well this week include the Slash Brothers and their plucky sidekick.
- Eric Bledsoe came close to triple doubles, averaging 16.3 points (48% shooting, 36% on threes), 7.3 assists, 5 rebounds and 2.5 steals per game, as well as 3.8 turnovers per game
- Goran Dragic, who has been battling flu-like symptoms, averaged 19 points (63.5%, 38,5%), 3.5 assists and 4.5 rebounds, as well as 2.3 turnovers per game
- Isaiah Thomas averaged 16.3 points (48.7%, 50%), 2.8 assists and 2.5 rebounds and a whopping 2.8 steals, as well as 3 turnovers per game
- Markieff Morris, when he wasn't getting technicals, averaged 12.3, 2.8 and 6.8
- Alex Len averaged 8 points, 8 rebounds and 3 blocks in 24 minutes per game, while Miles Plumlee put up 3 and 5 in 15 minutes per game
- The others did okay, but did not stand out
- On Friday, the Suns added Brandan Wright from the Mavericks, via the Celtics. I added him so you rate thumb up/down the move as he projects to take much of Miles Plumlee's backup center role.