We've definitely lost some momentum on this ticket drive.
Our original hope was to collectively donate as many as 1,000 tickets to kids and chaperones for the Phoenix Suns' Saturday, November 14 game against the Denver Nuggets. That's 1,000 readers donating 1 ticket each. Or 100 readers donating 10 tickets each. You get the math.
Two weeks in, with just 3 weeks to go before cutoff, we sit at just 264 tickets donated.
UPDATE: 23 more donated on Friday - up to 287 now, as of 5:30pm
Is this the legacy we want to leave as a blog? Is this the best that Bright Side can do to push the Suns legacy and fandom onto a new generation of fans? Is this the best you do to give back to Bright Side?
We already know we have a fairly uninspired fan base that attends Suns games, for the most part. Sure, some of you are loud and boisterous, but if you're one of those folks you've probably been given the stink-eye from fellow game go-ers more often than a high-five. Suns fans like their movie-going demeanor at our games. We all know it.
So here's your chance to send a rabid, yelling, cheering, booing fan in your place (or along with you, if you're going to the game too)!
Yet, if we can only garner less than one section worth of upper level ticket-users, their impact on the game will be next to nothing.
If you haven't donated, donate now. If you already did, we love you (and go ahead and donate again!).
This is a great cause. Don't procrastinate any longer.
Here's How It Works To Donate
- You click this link to donate: Suns.com/brightsideofthesun
- Follow the links, and use the code 'SUNS' when prompted
- Make sure you select 'Suns Blog Bright Side of the Sun $16 donation' when prompted, then follow the prompts, pick the number of tickets you're buying, and make the payment
- Select as many tickets as you can afford
- $16 sends 1 kid to the November 14 Suns game against the Nuggets (chaperones will also get tickets)
- $32 sends 2 kids to the game, $64 sends 4 of them... you get the picture
- Provide the payment method, and voila! you're done
- You will get a confirmation email directly from the Suns
If you bought 10 tickets at once to earn the lower-level tickets, the Suns will contact you personally about how you want to use the lower-level tickets (you can use them yourself, re-donate them or whatever).
I just got a call from Lauren Baum of the Suns this morning thanking me for my donation.
As we approach November 14, the Suns Community Relations team will identify the kids get them the tickets, make sure they all have chaperones, and take care of them on game day.
This is a great cause, folks. These kids will remember this forever.