The Suns swept Portland in the home-and-home series, winning 101-90 in Portland to improve to 2-1. Here's what happened.
- Tyson Chandler sparked the effort early by contesting shots, finishing alley-oops, and giving Mason Plumlee a friendly shove to the ground.
- Eric Bledsoe brought it on the offensive end, scoring 16 points in the 1st half.
- Markieff Morris continued moving at about half speed but did make three 3s.
- The game was pretty chippy from the start, with Portland showing more energy than last night and the home crowd into every call. At a few points, Bledsoe and Chandler both egged the crowd on and received their share of boos.
- Bledsoe and Brandon Knight combined for 26 points and 7 assists in 1st half.
- Portland started the 2nd half on a 13-1 run as sloppy play and missed shots (0-11) plagued the Suns until Knight hit a 3.
- Morris continued to struggle with fouls but managed to piece together a solid all-around game.
- Mirza Teletovic got some run in the 4th quarter but couldn't hit a shot in 4 minutes. Alex Len, T.J. Warren, and Sonny Weems also had tough outings.
- Ronnie Price gave another steady effort off the bench with 7 points and zero turnovers. Same for Jon Leuer with 8 points and 8 rebounds.
- Bledsoe and Knight finished with a combined 60 points, 11 assists, 6 steals, and 4 turnovers. Bledsoe finished with 33 points — one off his career high.
- Phoenix outrebounded its third straight opponent, beating Portland on the boards 48-45.
Deadpoolio's Neat-o Stat of the Night (brought to you by basketball-reference.com)
The Suns improved to 7-8 all time on Halloween.