Pregame notes from the coach:
- The Suns are going to go with their jumbo lineup tonight, starting Marcus Morris at the three and P.J. Tucker at the two.
- Hornacek thinks that T.J. Warren will continue to get more minutes, in the wake of Brandon Knight injury as Tucker shifts more to shooting guard.
- He said it depends on someone being able to stay with Korver through all the screens, though.
- He also said the Hawks (2nd in assists) run the same sets as every team, including the Suns (29th in assists). The difference is veterans knowing how to adjust to the defense as it happens, like Korver just setting more screens if he can't get open on his curls.
- The assist difference is more about personnel and veteran moxie - knowing that it's okay to pass the ball and trust the next guy to score.
- Hornacek also reiterated that it's still all about winning. "Let's try and win the game tonight, however we have to do it, and at the end of the year if you have enough, you are in. We are hanging around still and that is the biggest thing. If we can keep hanging around, who knows those last six or seven games of the year, you get hot and win some of those, maybe you sneak in."