We are proud to announce the second annual Bright Side Night, where readers and listeners on Bright Side of the Sun send deserving kids to their first Phoenix Suns game!
That means you. You need to help make this happen!
Help us send more than 1,000 kids to the Suns home game against Anthony Davis and the New Orleans Pelicans on Sunday, December 11, 2016!
Last year donations from YOU, our readers, sent more than 700 kids to their first game. The night was a HUGE hit and this time we want to send even more!
This is it.
It’s time for our little community to give back to the much larger community of underprivileged kids and send many of them to their first ever Phoenix Suns game. There's a ton of young Suns fans out there who will never get into Talking Stick Resort Arena for a Suns game without a little help.
Be the one to help.
Share this article with your friends.
This is a big deal folks. Huge. Don't skip past this.
We ask you to donate just a little bit of your hard-earned money to send kids (and their chaperones) to a Suns game. We are targeting kids and families that might never get to go to a real game any other way.
This is the single most important thing we do here at Bright Side. I need your help. I expect your help.
These kids need something great in their lives. They don't have much. Their parents struggle to make ends meet, so they're never going to get a chance to see a real NBA game unless you make it happen for them.
So make their year. Send a kid to a Suns game on December 11!
Here's how it works.
- You click this link to donate: https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/suns/EN/link/promotion/home/bc641dcfe985d1bba9ec60345d92777e460a5407
- Click ‘Find Tickets’ and use the promo code 'Bright' when prompted
- Select number of tickets, then select 'Bright Side of the Sun $16', then click the button ‘Find Seats’
- Then click the button ‘Add to Cart’ to sign in as a Sixth Man Member, and then select ‘Donation’ under Select Delivery
- follow all the prompts from there to make the payment!
- You will get a confirmation email directly from the Suns about the ticket donation
- Each ticket you bought sends one more kid to the December 11 Suns game against the Pelicans
- If you donate $160 at one time, you will get your very own pair of lower-level tickets to that game (confirmation of those tickets will come later from Lauren Baum, who works for the Suns)!
- If you’re among the first 25 to donate $160 at once, you get an exclusive invitation for an interview scrum with Ryan McDonough*
- As we approach December 11, the Suns Community Relations team will identify the kids, get them the tickets, make sure they all have chaperones, and take care of them on game day with goodie bags and a whole host of recognition from the PA announcer to the Gorilla.
- Bright Side takes tons of pictures, interviews some of the kids, and posts a recap on the site.
- Your heart grows three times that day.
*Last year, Ryan McDonough gave us 30 minutes of his own time right before tip-off of the game. He’s promised to do it again this year, as long as his wife isn’t in labor. She’s due right around the date of the Pelicans game. If Ryan can’t attend, he will have one of his Assistant GMs fill in for him.
Here’s our video of last year’s awesome experience.
Last year it was 700 kids.
Let’s make this year even better!