On Friday night, the young Phoenix Suns showed us exactly what they swore to do this season: play hard, scrap, claw and try to will themselves to victory despite their inexperience. Suns fans coming to a game can look forward to a few ooohhs and ahhhs, like when Devin Booker rises for a three or when Marquese Chriss throws down a tomahawk dunk.
On Sunday, December 11, the Suns will host the New Orleans Pelicans, a team that boasts Anthony Davis scoring 47.5 per game so far!
Wouldn’t it be great to fill up the Suns arena on that night with young Suns fans who would love to scream and cheer for the home team?
That’s what BRIGHT SIDE NIGHT is all about!
What: Suns vs. Pelicans
When: December 11, 2016
Where: Talking Stick Resort Arena
Bright Side Night is where this community, this blog, this set of readers, come together to change the lives of hundreds of kids a year by sending them to their first ever Suns game!
Last year, we sent 700 kids to a game all because of donations from you, our readers.
This year, we want to top that for the Suns/Pelicans game on December 11 but unfortunately we’ve only gotten enough donations so far for a mere 92 tickets so far. Sad face.
THANK YOU to all of you who have donated so far. That's a huge gesture to give back to our community. I'm just bummed that there's so few of us to do so.
For just $16, you can put another Suns fans in the stands to see the Suns take on Anthony Davis and the Pelicans on December 12.
For a whopping $160, you can send 10 kids to the game AND get two of your OWN lower-bowl tickets too!
What’s in it for you?
Look, I understand there’s got to be some incentive to get off yer duff, grab your wallet/purse, and go through the hassle of donating money.
AND, I realize that if you’re going to spend $160 on something you probably want to go to the game yourself!
Thanks to the Suns, we can do that!
The next 5 people who donate 10+ tickets get ALL of this:
- Two of your own lower-bowl tickets to the game - really good seats!
- Access for two to a pre-game Q and A with Suns GM Ryan McDonough himself
- Invitation for two to the High-Five Tunnel, where you can get down to the floor level and give the players high fives as they take the court after halftime of the game
- PLUS, your donation will send TEN kids to the game too!
- And if you don't live in the Phoenix area, you can give all these perks to a friend, or even re-donate them to add to the list of deserving kids
But $160 is a lot, right?
I know that very few of you have $160 to blow on one thing. You’ve got rent, food, gas, and beer money already eating your money and $160 is just not available.
No problem. I totally understand.
So how about $16?
Is that too much to donate?
This night is so important to me to use this platform, this great Suns blog, to give back to the community. What’s great about Bright Side Night is that WE, our little community within a community, can spread our Suns fandom to a whole new generation. And we can do it for kids who’d never otherwise get this chance.
Here’s MY promise to you:
Those donating enough for 10+ tickets already get a lot of perks for it.
Now here's something the rest of you.
Everyone who donates enough for 1-9 tickets, I will personally run my own raffle and give some of you a pair of free tickets to a Suns game later this year. Not all of you, but some. Maybe not that Dec. 11 game - maybe another one of your choosing.
I’ll do what I can with the Suns to get as many freebies as possible, or at least as much discount as I can get, and I’ll pay the rest out of my own pocket to make sure that some of you get rewarded for your generosity toward Bright Side Night.
Think about it - your donation $16 today might turn into free tickets to a game later this year!
Even if you don't live in the Phoenix area, you could donate THOSE tickets to more kids to see the Suns for the first time.
Please. Help your favorite Suns site out.
After a week of collecting donations we are only at 92 tickets. Last year, after a week we’d already hit 200.
- Click this link to get started: https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/suns/EN/link/promotion/home/bc641dcfe985d1bba9ec60345d92777e460a5407
- Click ‘Find Tickets’ and use the promo code 'Bright' when prompted
- Select number of tickets, then select 'Bright Side of the Sun $16', then click the button ‘Find Seats’
- Then click the button ‘Add to Cart’ to sign in as a Sixth Man Member, and then select ‘Donation’ under Select Delivery
- follow all the prompts from there to make the payment!
- You will get a confirmation email directly from the Suns about the ticket donation
- Each ticket you bought sends one more kid to the December 11 Suns game against the Pelicans