The Phoenix Suns first preseason game was on NBATV last night so at least a broadcast was accessible, but that was just the beginning of the usual preseason frustrations we fans face.
The box score remains unavailable or unreliable from the game. I heard on Friday night the NBA is rolling out a new game tracking software this year that’s still in “testing” phase and contributed to there being no box score at all from the scrimmage. Box scores stopped updating in the second half last night, so we don’t have definitive numbers beyond points scored.
But from a preponderance of tweets, stories and youtube we can gather:
- T.J. Warren had 24 points and 6 rebounds, plus at least 2 blocks and 2 steals
- Devin Booker had 19 points and 5 assists
- Troy Daniels got HOT in the second half with five threes for 15 points
- Dragan Bender had 10 rebounds
- Alex Len was extremely active as well, with 14 points and 14 rebounds in mostly second half work.
- Mike James had 11 points and 4 assists in the fourth quarter alone, per oregonlive.com
Foxsports.com has a box, but the numbers don’t exactly match others’ reports. Here it is anyway.
Here’s the game highlights for you, where the Suns bench came back to win 114-112 with a 41 point fourth quarter. Mike James had a really great run in the 4th as well as Daniels and Len, while T.J. Warren was sublime for the whole game.
And here’s a highlight reel of Booker’s 19 and 5, in only three quarters.
And here are some Josh Jackson highlights - 14 points and 3 rebounds
I could not find any more highlight compilations from last night. If you find any, post them in the comments section!
Next game: Friday, at the Jazz in Salt Lake City.