Your favorite four raked in some hardware on Monday. Phoenix Suns forward Marquese Chriss was named to the NBA All-Rookie Second Team.
Chriss is the 14th Sun to be named to an All-Rookie squad and the first since Devin Booker brought home first team honors following the 2015-16 season.
NBA All-Rookie Second Team:
- Jamal Murray, Denver Nuggets
- Jaylen Brown, Boston Celtics
- Marquese Chriss, Phoenix Suns
- Brandon Ingram, Los Angeles Lakers
- Yogi Ferrell, Dallas Mavericks
NBA All-Rookie First Team:
- Malcolm Brogdon, Milwaukee Bucks
- Dario Saric, Philadelphia 76ers
- Joel Embiid, Philadelphia 76ers
- Buddy Hield, Sacramento Kings
- Willy Hernangomez, New York Knicks
Suns guard Tyler Ulis received ten points, including one vote for first team. Dragan Bender also received a vote.
Chriss appeared in all 82 games last season. He averaged 9.2 points per contest, 8th among rookies. He led all rookies in games started (75) and dunks (103). He was named NBA Western Conference Rookie of the Month in January. Let’s watch some dunks.
100 sportswriters from across the globe vote on the NBA All-Rookie teams. Chriss was third in voting on the second team behind Murray and Brown.