The Limited Upside podcast, hosted my Mike Prada, is running season previews for all 30 NBA teams to gauge the temperature of the fanbase heading into the season.
Your own Dave King (@DaveKingNBA) and Evan Sidery (@esidery) do our best to represent the Bright Side community for the Phoenix Suns preview.
Among the major topics discussed:
- Where did #TheTimeline come from? Who are the core pieces of #TheTimeline?
- Why most Suns fans are down on the idea of trading for Kyrie Irving right now. (If you're a Suns fan tired of beating this topic into the ground, skip ahead to the 23-minute mark).
- What kind of coach is Earl Watson and why are so many missing the mark with him?
- Let's say you have to choose between Dragan Bender and Marquese Chriss. Who do you take? Who are most Suns fans taking?
- What kind of season does Devin Booker need to put together to show he's taking the next step?
- Is Eric Bledsoe long for Phoenix? Why is he always on the block?
Then, we have some fun with the following topics:
- Do/Marry/Kill: 1992-93 team, 2004-05 team, 2009-10 team?
- You can change one of the following four moments in recent Suns history: Joe Johnson's face injury in 2005, Robert Horry hip-checking Steve Nash in 2007, Tim Duncan hitting a game-winning 3 in 2008, or Metta World Peace's miracle tip-in in 2010. Which is it and why? And does Amar'e Stoudemire's knee surgery trump all of those?
- The Suns have asked you to pick this year's jersey sponsor. Who is it and why?
- Who is on your all-time Suns banana boat? (This led to Evan's odd fascination with reuniting Bledsoe, Goran Dragic, and Isaiah Thomas).
Plus, predictions, best/worst case, and more.
Play the podcast right here.
You can also download the podcast here if you don’t want to play it in the browser.