We are proud to announce the THIRD annual Bright Side Night, where readers and listeners on Bright Side of the Sun send deserving kids to their first Phoenix Suns game!
That means you. You need to help make this happen!
We’ve done it before. We’ll do it again.
Help us send 1,000+ kids to the Suns home game against the Chicago Bulls on Sunday, November 19, 2017!
*big props to Deadpoolio for this year’s logo!
Over the last two years, we have sent more than 2,000 kids to their first Suns game! This year, we’d like to double that number!
This is it.
It’s time for our little community to give back to the much larger community of underprivileged kids and send many of them to their first ever Phoenix Suns game. There's a ton of young Suns fans out there who will never get into Talking Stick Resort Arena for a Suns game without a little help.
Be the one to help.
Share this article with your friends.
This is a big deal folks. Huge. Don't skip past this.
We ask you to donate just a little bit of your hard-earned money to send kids (and their chaperones) to a Suns game. We are targeting kids and families that might never get to go to a real game any other way.
This is the single most important thing we do here at Bright Side. I need your help. I expect your help.
These kids need something great in their lives. They don't have much. Their parents struggle to make ends meet, so they're never going to get a chance to see a real NBA game unless you make it happen for them.
So make their year. Send a kid to a Suns game on November 19!
It’s so much easier to donate this year!
- You click this link to donate: Suns.com/Brightside
- Fill out the one-page form to select the number of tickets you want to donate, and how you’re going to pay
- You will get a confirmation email directly from the Suns about the ticket donation
Some notes on donations:
- Each $19 ticket you buy sends one more kid to the November 19 Suns game against the Bulls
- If you donate $190 at one time, you will get your very own pair of tickets to that game (confirmation of those tickets will come later from Stepheny Frederiksen, who works for the Suns)
- 10 tickets for kids = a pair of 200-level tickets for yourself
- 25 tickets for kids = a pair of lower-level tickets for yourself
- If you’re among the first 25 to donate $190+ at once, you get an exclusive invitation for an private Bright Side interview session with Ryan McDonough or another high ranking Suns official*
- As we approach November 19, the Suns Community Relations team will identify the kids, get them the tickets, make sure they all have chaperones, and take care of them on game day with goodie bags and a whole host of recognition from the PA announcer to the Gorilla.
- Bright Side takes tons of pictures, interviews some of the kids, and posts a recap on the site.
- Your heart grows three times that day.
*In both prior years, GM Ryan McDonough gave us 30+ minutes of his own time right before tip-off of the game. Still awaiting confirmation of his availability for this year.
Here’s our video of 2015’s awesome experience.